Jelani “JJ” Day(25 years old), an Illinois State University graduate student disappeared on Aug. 24. He hasn’t been seen ever since.
His abandoned car was found two days later in a wooded area near the Illinois Valley YMCA in Peru, about 60 miles north of Bloomington in LaSalle County.
Day’s family has criticized the investigation into Day’s disappearance, saying the young Black man has not received the attention of other missing persons like Gabby Petito.
Gaby’s disappearance and subsequent death made national headlines and spawned a multi-state search from numerous law enforcement departments.
You can watch Jelani’s mom, Carmen Bolden Day speak about his disappearance.
Jelani Day Disappears
Jelani’s family and a faculty member reported him missing after he failed to show up to class for several days.
His mom said it was not like him to disappear without saying anything about his whereabouts.
She said her son wants to become a doctor and he was attending Illinois State to get his master’s degree in speech pathology.
Police report Day as:
- a Black male, 25 years old,
- standing 6 feet, 2 inches tall weighing 180 pounds.
- short black hair,
- brown eyes, and some facial hair.
- diving white, 2010 Chrysler 300 (Illinois registration #CH74067), police said.
If anyone has information about Day or his disappearance, they are being asked to contact Detective Paul Jones at (309) 434-2548 or Pjones@cityblm.org.
You can also contact the Bloomington Police Department at (309) 820-8888.
Also, Check out:
- Who is Kevin Clark? Wiki, Bio, Cause of Death, Acting Career, Girlfriend and Net Worth.
- Who is Tiffany Miles, Former Chet Hanks Partner? Wiki, Bio, Career, Child and Net Worth.
- Who is Sarah Evarard? Wiki, Bio, Career, Dissapearance,Suspects,Fiance and Net Worth.
- Schools to Shut Down after President Uhuru’s Address.