Manchester united displayed a brilliant performance to retain their bragging rights in the Manchester Derby as their rivals had a lacklustre and quite dismal showing which led to the halt of their invincible run in all competitions.
Coming into the 186th Manchester Derby, Manchester city had a brilliant 21 games winning streak and were hoping to get their bragging rights. on the other hand, their sworn enemies Manchester United had a dismal showing where they had scored no goal in their last 3 matches in all competitions. all odds were on Manchester City winning the fixture but United had other ideas.
Martial shook off his unwanted performances when he dribbled past 6 City players before finally Gabriel Jesus bringing him down in the 18 yard box for a penalty. Bruno Fernandes broke his big 6 teams jinx by putting the ball past Ederson Moares for United’s first. There were some moments of brilliance from Rashford for the Red side of Manchester but they could not convert the brilliance into goals.
City dominated the possession in the first half but were unable to put their chances past the wall at the back lead by Dean Henderson. With 4 shots on target, City looked the better team in the match before half time. United wre into defending that got their star defender to get booked in the 32nd minute for a foul.
The second half was a clear replica of the first as City got from the dressing room on the front foot in terms of attacking football, this went for some minutes before finally Shaw got past Joao Cancelo, played a pass to Rashford then got set up. Shaw had the right bottom corner in his sight, but the ball had to get past the kegs of several City defenders. Martial had a chance to make it three for the Red Devils but had his shot straight to the goalkeepers arms.
The win for the Red Devils puts them second, 11 points off Manchester City and 1 point away from third place Leicester City.
- Dean Henderson-had a very impressive game 8.5
- Aaron Wan-Bissaka-solid at the back and put off Sterling as always 7.5
- Luke Shaw-had quite a good game and added a goal to his attacking stats this season 9
- Victor Lindelof-solid at the back 7.0
- Harry Maguire- did not misplace passes today and had a solid partnership with Ice man 7.0
- Scott McTominay-had an impressive game and together with fred put the city midfielders at bay, almost set Martial up for a goal 8.0
- Fred- bossed up the midfield and gave accurate passes 8.0
- Marcus Rashford- had a better game compared to the last few games, set up Shaw 7.5
- Bruno Fernandes- scored a penalty, had some misplaced pases in the game 7.0
- Daniel James- his right wing partnership with Bissaka was impressive 7.5
- Anthony Martial- had some good job upfront winning United a penalty but failed to score an easy goal 6.5
1. Mason Greenwood- had a good cameo 6.5
Matic and Brandon Williams came so late in the game and did not have a rating.